Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Camping in the Great Plains


In the picture you will see Rachael & Jason Walker, Daniel & Monica Dickenson, and Us.
These are our new friends from our new ward at church.

We like each other so much that we all went on a camping and hiking trip to Lake Kanopolis State Park. We hiked 6 miles up and down steep hills. (can't call them mountains since this is Kansas but it sure felt like Mountains to me since I obviously carry more
"rocks" in my back pack.) Next time we will make it longer than just an over night.


Then we literally slid over to Mushroom rock, just a mile or two from the Lake. The road was really sandy, so it was really slippery. Jason was braver than me, he went around 50 or 60 mph, making his car load all car sick. Poor girls! It was fun. We should have taken video of me getting on and off the rock. It was scary for me but funny for everyone else. Mike and Jason just swung down from the tree to the side there, like Monkeys!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Isn't it great to make new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'l have to take us camping next time or at least tell us where some good spots are!

    ReplyDelete